Thursday, June 21, 2012

Thankful Thursday

Happy Thankful Thursday!

Sammy's Thankful List...
I am thankful for bagels.
I am thankful for Barnes and Noble
I am thankful for God.
I am thankful for my own self.
I am thankful for spices.

Micah's Thankful List...
I am thankful that we get to go out to breakfast...


I am thankful for going to Disneyworld.
I am thankful that we got to go on an airplane.
And for Nana and Papa...


And My Thankful List...
Ella was on a rampage this morning.  Although she has slowed down a lot in all the things she gets into and climbs on, she gets in these modes where she will have a day, or a few hours, where she is just in a mood.  She emptied the whole shelf of books, throwing them one by one onto the floor.  She dumped out a big   puzzle Sammy and I had just finished putting together, dumped out bins of toys, and emptied a large basket of things.  She was in destruct-mode.  But as soon as it was naptime, that little, almost-two-year-old of mine stopped moving and snuggled in close while we sang and rocked in our well-loved rocking chair.  And so I decided that this snuggle time was too precious to just lay her down after the usual one song.  So I sang some more and rocked that never-stopping, destructive, sweet-pea of mine right to sleep...So today, I am thankful for sweet, unexpected cuddle time with my littles.  
I am thankful for Sammy's sense of humor developing and how he cracks up at the silliest and slightest of things...For example, he just said to me as I am writing this sentence, "Mommy, what if you scooped your whole head off and ate it?  That is so yucky.  Only bad guys like to do what we don't."  Ah, the mind of a three-year-old.  
I am thankful for Micah's chattering phone calls in which he details for me all that is happening in Florida.  Last night, he talked to me for a sold thirty minutes, going on about the day and asking me, "How are you guys?  What have you been up to?"  So sweet.
And I cannot even express how thankful I am for such sacrificial and generous parents who would choose to take their vacation time and money and spend it on a trip centered around my son and his best bud.  How amazing.  I am thrilled Micah had the opportunity to go to Florida, see the ocean, and have a magical day at Disneyworld.  So grateful for amazing people who love on our children.

What are you thankful for today?

1 comment: