Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Touch

Our Five Senses Week

Day 5: Touch

Micah...
(still in Florida)
I feel the cold shelf...I am thankful we have shelves to store things.
I am thankful I am alive...I can feel myself.
I felt Nana...she kissed me and I felt her lips.
I feel a squishy toy...I am thankful that Chuck has toys, too.
I can feel...the water in the pool, the giant Chess pieces, the couch, and the pigs in the Angry Birds game.


Me...
Today I felt the cooling mist blowing across the park from the splash pad.
I felt the sweet, slender arms of Ella around my neck, wanting to be held often today for some reason.
I felt the soft baby skin of Sophia, so new and perfect, and I felt the weight of her healthy, chubby body strapped into my carrier at the park today.
I felt a cold glass of lemonade in my hands this afternoon as I took a break to nurse and read and breathe.
And I felt the precious, slobbery lips from my middles as we laughed and nuzzled noses and swapped kisses.
I felt the leather couch underneath me at the worship hour we went to tonight as a family, and I felt my family close and all touching me as we huddled together on the couch as the worship started.
I felt the dry, scratchy grass under my feet as I watered the flowers this evening.
I felt the warm, cleansing water from my shower at the end of the day, refreshing after a hot summer day.
And I feel the smooth keys on our laptop, giving me the freedom to write, process, and capture the gift that is my life.




No comments:

Post a Comment